Toll Free: 800-763-9006


Frequently Asked Questions

Our agency, Harris, Eckland, & Associates, has been researching and recovering unclaimed funds since 1994. We specialize in refunds owed to individuals, corporations, trusts, and estates.

  • I received a letter, what do I do now?

    If you received a letter regarding funds owed to you individually, you may follow the instructions provided on your cover letter, which state to complete the Unclaimed Property Recovery Agreement attached and provide a legible photocopy of your selected state/government ID. Return envelopes are provided in these mailings for your convenience.

    If you have received a letter regardings funds owed to a deceased relative, please contact our office by phone or email to get started. Processing for deceased cases is dependent on details surrounding the decedent's estate. We will be happy to advise on how to move forward with your specific case!

  • We understand your need to feel secure. You can verify our company through the following agencies:

    State of Florida's Department of Agriculture

    Agency License: A9700076

    We always encourage individuals to verify our agency license by contacting the Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, Division of Licensing. Our agency license number is displayed on the top right-hand corner of our cover letter and the bottom left-hand side of the recovery agreement. You can contact the Division of Licensing by phone, or navigate directly to their website to search for our license. Please note that the following format must be used for the search: A 9700076 (space included)

    Sunbiz: Division of Corporations

    Sunbiz is regulated by the department of state. This is where companies file documents to legitimize their company. Individuals can use this site to verify company information, ownership, and whether the company is active with Sunbiz.

    Better Business Bureau of North Florida

    The BBB is a privately-owned business and not regulated by the state. However, they take complaints on companies and do an investigation into all complaints. An individual could use the BBB to see if there were any legitimate complaints.

  • Florida statute requires each claimant to produce proof of their identity before releasing funds. If you are claiming funds on behalf of an active corporation, proof of identity is not required as the payment will be released in the name of the active entity.

  • The identification you choose to provide must contain your photo, a valid expiration date, and either your address or date of birth. Before submitting your ID, ensure that it will be valid for the entire processing timeframe, which is generally 60-90 days. The state will typically accept the following types of identification:

    • Driver’s license
    • State ID
    • Passport
    • Military ID*
    • VA Card
    • Concealed Weapons Permit
    • Medical Marijuana Card

    *Both sides of your Military ID must be submitted.

  • An Affidavit Attesting to Claimant's Identity may be used in place of identification for individuals who do not possess a valid ID and are medically unable to obtain a new one. This form requires two individuals to appear in front of a notary on the individual's behalf. Note that identification must be presented for each affiant; "personally known" is not accepted. Please contact our office to determine if this form may be used and obtain a copy.

  • Documentation may be submitted using the provided return envelope, or any envelope of your choosing, to the following address:

    2343 Hansen Lane
    Suite 2
    Tallahassee, FL 32301

    We are excited to offer our clients an electronic submission option through our DocuSign program! Please contact our office to determine eligibility for your case.

  • The state of Florida generally approves claims in approximately 60 - 90 days; this timeline is subject to change per the state's current processing capacity. After the claim has been approved, your check will be issued, and mailed directly to the address you have provided for this purpose.

  • No, you are not required to list your social security number.

  • Processing for this type of claim is dependent on the account type. Please contact our office to determine what information is needed to proceed.

  • Each case is different based on the circumstances of the decedent, and the events following his/her death. If you believe you may be a beneficiary, or have information regarding the beneficiaries, please contact our Customer Service team at (800) 763-9006. One of our analysts will review your case and assist you with determining what documentation is needed.

  • There are no statutes of limitation. The amount reported can be claimed by the original owner and/or heirs at any time.

  • Please contact our office at (800) 763-9006 for further assistance.

  • Documentation is prepared specifically for each client. If you are missing a required form, please contact our office and one of our agents will be happy to provide you with a replacement.

  • Please email us or contact our Customer Service team at (800) 763-9006. We will be happy to research your information. If you have additional accounts, we will send you an updated contact.